10 Comments

1. Maggie Britton
    July 17, 2017 @ 6:30 am

Every Monday I forget that I shouldn’t wear mascara because I am always moved to tears when I read what you write. It is sometimes due to the poignant tone of the post and sometimes due to seeing a sliver of hope and joy in a situation. Loved reading your camp post. I hope Jack has a great experience!

2. Elizabeth
    July 17, 2017 @ 6:38 am

Have fun, Jack!
    Carrie,
    If you haven’t already, if I were the camp counselor, I would love to read this. I’m actually sitting in the lobby where my son’s camp started this morning. Like always, I relate so much to you and your Jack.
    Happy Summer,
    Elizabeth

3. Tasha
    July 17, 2017 @ 7:14 am

Sending Jack all my best wishes! You are a wonderful and brave mama. Thank you for sharing your life with us.

4. Terry O'Connell
    July 17, 2017 @ 8:47 am

Looking forward to the rest of the experience next week. Thank you!!!

5. quyenle2015
    July 17, 2017 @ 8:47 am

Wonderful post, Carrie. This will make me hopeful one day when my twin sons are ready for regular camp with regular kids.

6. Marianne
    July 17, 2017 @ 8:51 am

I think this is the sweetest yet most heartbreaking post I have read about dear Jack. I’ll pray he has a fabulous and successful week!

7. The B Side
    July 17, 2017 @ 11:14 am

I was not prepared to read this today. Mine leave for a month on Saturday.
    They’ll be with family who are very capable and with whom my boys are very comfortable and yet I am freaking out. Traditional parents will never know how it feels to drop our special ones off to something like camp. I hope he has a great time.

8. Lisa
    July 17, 2017 @ 12:02 pm

We’re all pulling for Jack and hoping he has a great time. Thanks for sharing your lives with us!

9. Beth
    July 17, 2017 @ 5:15 pm

Can’t wait to hear how camp went. Both my boys went to Camp Starfish in NH for two weeks. My youngest went 3 times my oldest once. Last year my youngest tried a typical camp but it was too much, too soon. I wish there was a happy medium. This year he didn’t want to go until, it was too late and he did. Now we are just busy with Summer School and day trips and social group. I hope by next year we’ll find a better fit for him. He is doing amazing and is that circle that doesn’t quite fit in the square. Fingers crossed for Jack.

10. daffodilsandcoffee
    July 17, 2017 @ 5:41 pm

I pray he has a wonderful time. I pray also that you don’t worry all week long about him.